James W. Cushing, Esquire
T: (215) 563-7776; F: (215) 563-9996
- Temple University, J.D. 2002
- James E. Beasley Scholar
- Law Faculty Scholar
- Lena L. Hale Award Winner
- Distinguished performance in Labor Law and Trial Advocacy
- President of the Christian Legal Society
James W. Cushing, Esquire has written and published a wide variety of articles, which can be read here.
One of Mr. Cushing’s articles, I Now [Cannot} Pronounce You Man and Wife, has been cited in a law review article from the University of Miami Law Review (Volume 63, Number 3, April 2010). See footnote 222 of the article “Marriage in the Time of Internet Ministers: I Now Pronounce You Married but Who am I to Do So?” here.
Mr. Cushing has also been cited in an August 17, 2011 article in The Fiscal Times called “Unemployed and Retired? You, Too, Can Double Dip“.
Mr. Cushing has also been cited in an September 22, 2011 article in The Fiscal Times called “Unemployment Cheats Raked in $16.5 Billion Last Year“.
Areas of Practice:
Family law, unemployment compensation, personal injury, contracts, real estate, and collections.
- Pennsylvania Bar, 2002
- New Jersey Bar, 2002
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2004
- Named a Pennsylvania Bar Association Rising Star, 2012
- Named a Pennsylvania Bar Association Rising Star, 2011
- Named a Pennsylvania Bar Association Rising Star, 2010
- Named an “Expert Author” by Ezinearticles.com in July 2010
Other Education and Awards
- Penn State University, B.S. Public Policy, with Honors, 1999
- Graduated in the Penn State Honors Program
- President’s Freshman Award
- Faculty Scholar Award
- Faculty Senate Campus Leader Award
- President of the Abington Christian Fellowship
- Student Government Senate Chair
- Chief Justice of the Student Government Supreme Court
- Allen W. Scholl Scholarship
- Composed honors thesis of publishable quality entitled Progressing Toward the Avant-Garde:
a Definition of Progressive Rock
- Prior experience as a law clerk with several Philadelphia law firms and Research Analyst in the PA House of Representatives, Harrisburg, PA
- Mr. Cushing’s blog Judicial Support
- Christian Legal Clinics of Philadelphia
- Neighborhood Christian Lawyer
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Upon Further Review
- PA Bar Association
- The Legal Intelligencer
- Mr. Cushing is a volunteer, coordinator, and on the Board of Directors at the Christian Legal Clinics of Philadelphia. Mr. Cushing has written an article regarding his experiences at the Christian Legal Clinics of Philadelphia which can be viewed here.
- Mr. Cushing is currently a member of, and involved in various ministries at, St. John the Evangelist Anglican Church in Churchville, PA. He was also a former Diocesan and Deanery Delegate in the Episcopal Diocease of Pennsylvania, former Vestryman of Church of the Redemption, Southampton, PA; former Vestryman of St. Anne’s Church, Abington, PA; Panelist at Penn State Abington Law Day, Guest lecturer in Pierce College paralegal school; Prayer Leader for Lower Bucks County National Day of Prayer, 2001, 2002, 2006, and 2007.
- James W. Cushing, Esquire has led a number of seminars. More information on these can be found here: Articles & Seminars
- Fluent in American Sign Language to service the deaf community. You can read more about it here.